Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And Time Stood Still

Dear Confusia,
I can't figure out which is worse, that this is only Wednesday (and Monday was a holiday) or that it's only 9:45. Either way, time is DRAGGING. I guess I should be happy that there are only 6 days of school left (5 if we don't count today), but when the clock seems to be stuck, it doesn't really matter, right?
Actually, if I think about everything I have to accomplish between now and next Wednesday, I might start to cry. We have the following to get through: college research presentations, diversity workshops, Shakespearean dress rehearsals and performances, mythology projects, film viewing of Speak, talent show, Fiest Texas field trip, kayaking field trip, year book signing, teachers vs. students dodgeball tournament, advisory kickball tournament, curriculum binders for ALL THREE PREPS! ARGH!!!!!
How is it going over there?
Love, Terps
Dear Terps,
Remind me never to work there. Why have they packed so much into so few days? They couldn't have spread it out a little? That doesn't make much sense.
Nothing much happening here. Several months ago I sent all the paperwork off to the divorce attorney, but I still hadn't heard back from him. I'm tired of waiting on him, so I just finished all the paperwork myself and am filing all on my own! That's how you get a free divorce! Good thinking, huh? So all I have to do now is turn that stuff in downtown (tomorrow! bright and early!!!!) , and wait 61 days or less, and then I will no longer be a separatee...I will be a divorcee. Couldn't happen too soon. Shall we plan a party, perhaps? A little karaoke madness? Actually, I don't care if I'm the only one there, and the party involves me relaxing on the couch with a good book, it will still be considered a party! ha ha
So as far as Rachel's wedding goes...Do you think it would be in bad taste to get her a divorce gift certificate? Honestly, I can give her my card with one free divorce included because I'm practically an expert now. I think it would be a very practical gift. If she doesn't need it, that's great, but she'll have the protection of knowing it's there. ha ha
No, no, no. I'm kidding. Despite it all, I still think marriage can be a really wonderful thing, but you just have to be really careful about who you do it with...ha ha
Love, Confusia
Dear Confusia,
Why have they packed so much in the last week? Well, that's probably because we've been preparing for TAKS and finals up until now. We haven't had any free time. When you have kids taking 5 different TAKS tests and no teachers want to give up a second of class time because of that, you find yourself with a shit ton of activities to do in the last week of school. Oh, when I was giving my list of everything that has to be done, I forgot to mention the cotillion this weekend. Oh goodie!
So, as for your divorce, congratulations! I remember mine well. I remember it was scheduled at 9:00 (first thing on the court docket). I left from there to go get him off my insurance at work. I then went to get a new social security card without THAT last name on it. And I rounded out the day by getting a new driver's license. It was the best day of my life! I'm all for a party, but would need to know when and where and hope that I can be around for it!
Oh God! They're back...
Love, Terps

No comments: